Tackle April showers at the dog park in style
By the Get Leashed Goods Team
From sub-zero temperatures to the dreaded polar vortex, for most of us, this winter has been a harsh one. That’s why we’re happily welcoming the warmer, albeit wetter, weather that comes with April’s arrival. We’ve already spotted itty-bitty buds on trees and the tulips at the park are beginning to peek through the softened spring soil. Gone with winter are puffy snowsuits and bulky dog sweaters (good riddance!) in favor of some smart and stylish spring trends. So take note Get Leashers, because we know you would never let a little rain and mud get in the way of looking fantastic while strutting your stuff at the local dog-run. Here are our picks for combating April showers in style.
1. This taupe showerproof style comes with a detachable hood – a must-have for every dog owner who won’t like a downpour stop them from a walk. BURBERRY BRIT, Hooded packaway trench coat $750.00. Buy it now.
2. Who says you can’t look fantastic and be comfortable? Karl Lagerfeld’s stretch leggings have flexible and sculpting hold that will make your legs and backside look killa. Karl Lagerfeld, Simila stretch cotton-blend leggings $245.00. Buy it now.
3. Simple in the front and sexy in the back, this chiffon cut-out T-shirt with unfinished hem is causal and kinda hot at the same time. Rag & Bone, Genesis V-Neck $125.00. Buy it now.
4. A collaboration between Hunter + Rag & Bone offers a modern take on military style. These two-tone rain boots are styled with a buttoned leather strap and exposed side zip are sure to keep your feet nice and dry. Rag & Bone X Hunter Tall Boots. SALE Item 30% OFF. Buy it now.
5. This floral print faux leather bag will have you thinking more about May flowers than April showers. Plus, we love the durability of a bag that can survive dog park excursions that are less than sunny. Givenchy, Antigona shopping bag in floral-print faux leather $1,085.00. Buy it now.
6. When it’s wet and muddy outside, it’s your best bet to keep your leash up and off the ground. This sleek and simple retractable leash looks great and gets the job done. Concours D’elegance Retractable Dog Leash, Wenge Wood Print $29.99. Buy it now.
7. This machine washable raincoat will keep Spot nice and dry and even comes with its own attached hood for extra protection against the elements. Ralph Lauren Home, Dog Raincoat $95.00. Buy it now.
8. Both badass and beautiful, this functional dog whistle necklace comes complete with detachable metal chain. Notice it features a tiny French Bulldog head as the topper. Marc by Marc Jacobs, Dog Whistle Necklace $128.00. Buy it now.
9. If bling is your thing these Michael Kors bracelets are the kind of arm candy that you’ve been looking for. We like that they’re both subtle accents AND statement pieces. Michael Kors Tortoise Bracelet $95.00. Buy it now. Michael Kors Gold Bracelet $95.00. Buy it now.
10. We love the look of oversized men’s watches on women. Get this matted black gem fitted for your wrist and make a BIG statement. MICHAEL Michael Kors, Men’s Chronograph Watch $275.00. Buy it now.
11. A nice departure from the classic spike or stud, this chain embellished collar gives you a stylish way to display your dog’s registration and contact tags. Chainlink Cork & Leather Dog Collar in Burnt Umber $69.99. Buy it now.
12. We love the wrist leash on this printed transparent-black PVC umbrella to help prevent fly-away situations. Plus, the grip ball allows you to grasp both it and the handle of a travel mug! Marc by Marc Jacobs, Printed PVC umbrella $60.00. Buy it now.