Get Leashed is looking for a real go-getter! We are hiring a Freelance Contributor.
Are you passionate about animals? Do you live the petset lifestyle? Are you an animal expert in a particular field? Are you a freelance journalist who loves to conduct interviews and get a great story? Contributing to GetLeashedMag.com may be a new and exciting opportunity for you.
Reporting to the Director of Content & Channel Dev, the Freelance Contributor will join a team of creatives and will be responsible for creating original content for GetLeashedMag.com. You will be assigned writing topics and are also welcome to pitch your own, to be approved by the Content Director.
Choosing topics across News & Special Features, Health, Impact, Fashion & Style, and others pertaining to pet owners, pets, and pet owner lifestyle, you will be expected to produce an agreed upon amount of original content per month with set deliverable dates.
Get Leashed Inc. is a 360 media, technology and experiential marketing brand which helps modern pet owners #LiveBeyondTheDogPark.
• reliable and deadline driven. You never miss the mark, ever
• a visionary. You understand you can frost a cake an endless amount of ways and there is no limit as to how many angles a story can have
• a real pro. You understand that editing is crucial to a story’s success and you take feedback well and learn from the direction that you have be provided
• write original, engaging digital content for GetLeashedMag.com and source appropriate photos, social media images, gifs, videos, etc.
• able to write advertorial and sponsored branded content that is creative and engaging
• cite sources of user generated or professional content
• upload text, image, and video content to WordPress site
• proof read and q/a posts and pages of website
• pitch new topics and stay up to date on what’s trending online, specifically in the pet space
Qualifications / Requirements:
• post secondary degree, preferable in Communications or Journalism
• previous professional writing experience for digital or magazine (blog, publication, newspaper)
• experience in creating compelling headlines and bylines to draw the reader in
• ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously
• excellent communicator and highly organized with a passion for the details!
• passionate about pets and being part of a growing and dynamic team
To apply, please send your C.V. to [email protected].